Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 3, 2013

Day 42


"OK...You Win...You're going to beat GBS!" 

A few weeks ago, Bob Anding posted this challenge to Ted:

"We all know how much you like a challenge and also know that you don't like to lose. So, knowing that your going to take my money, I'm going to bet you a whole dime that you can't beat this GBS. It might take a while but its easy money."
Ted upped the bet to 2 bits, and Bob then raised the bet to 4 bits!  Being a man of his word, we received this dollar in the mail yesterday!

Ted is continuing to make progress. Each day he goes a little longer with the walker. Occasionally he moves around the condo for a few feet without the walker.  Tomorrow he will have his first aqua therapy session at rehab. 

Bob...we're thinking of all the many ways we can spend that dollar and are anxiously awaiting the day that we can spend it!!  We feel positive that it is coming!

Cate

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update. This seems like record breaking progress to me:-)

    Helps to be a tenacious person at times, doesn't it? May these great strides continue at your current pace. May you also continue to find ways to have some fun. I fear you are a bit like Bill...is there anything that you like to do that doesn't involve working out or building something or hauling stuff around or demolition or...well...you get the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell Bob Anding at my next appointment that it's not wise to bet against Ted....Ted will definitely win this bet. Glad to hear things are continuing to improve!

    Pat Bodin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've been away from the blog a couple of weeks and can't believe what I am seeing...Rubber paid off his bet already! If you decide to go double or nothing on a triathlon against Rub, now that you've added swimming to the therapy, the offer still stands to hold the bets.

    I could also say that I am amazed with Ted's progress, but I guess we all expected that.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ted

    Wipe that silly grin in the picture off your face. I know that Cate made you stop dancing and sit down for the picture. Perd busted you. He sent me a picture a couple of days ago of you in CCL finishing a concrete slab. You probably played a round of golf when you were done and walked the course. I've never witnessed such a rapid "miracle cure" from GBS in my life. I'm starting to think that huge smile is only because you just scammed your old buddy, me, out of a buck.

    Don't spend your winnings yet. We still have the triathalon to go. The bet -- double up, two bucks. It has to be this weekend before you forget to bring your prop, the walker. Perd said something about it still being stuck in the slab but I'm sure he'll bust it out of the concrete for you before this weekend.

    OK, here's the deal. 2 mile swim in the bayou with a 5 day old dead chicken tied to each leg, 150 miles on mountain bikes with flat tires on the high school cinder track (600 laps), you pick the run. I'll meet you half way between BR and Houston in Lake Charles at 7:00 AM. From either direction, get off I-10 and turn right. If your going south, go to the fork in the road at the pine tree and turn. If your going north turn around and go north. In either case go 6.84930887 miles. I'll be waiting. Failure to show is an automatic forfeit.

    Rubber

    ps - I just love kicking a great man when he's down.

    ReplyDelete