Day 25
Today was the "team" meeting. The social worker reports that Ted's progress since last week could be compared to "climbing Mt. Everest"! All of the therapists, doctors, and nurses are amazed with what he has been able to accomplish over the last week!
Today was the "team" meeting. The social worker reports that Ted's progress since last week could be compared to "climbing Mt. Everest"! All of the therapists, doctors, and nurses are amazed with what he has been able to accomplish over the last week!
In therapy, Ted can walk with the walker about 150 feet with supervision. One thing that Ted is struggling with right now is "proprioception", or the sense of his limbs in space. It is difficult for him to judge the position and orientation of his feet. The other big thing they are working on is balance while standing.
The team is recommending another two weeks of in-patient rehab, but this will be revisited next week.
Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Cate
Just took a look at the videos. What a great valentine's gift to all.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, according to the grapevine and Troxclair, you called me cheap. Apparently you took me up on my bet and raised my dime to two bits. Well, I can man up to that and raise the bet to four bits on the condition that you sandbag the progress so that I have time to save my pennies.
Question: Has your therapy team figured out who they are dealing with yet? Really? Mount Everest? That's doable. Gotta go break open the piggy bank, count the change, and go back to work so that I can cover my losses.
Rubber
Glad Uncle Ted is doing so well!
ReplyDeleteYou just can't keep a good man down,
ReplyDeletemust have been the Chic-Fil-a or the
Boudreaux jokes. There he goes pulling
thru the pack.
Do you need anymore C-F-a yet?
Goldie and Phil
That is wonderful. I enjoyed my visit with Ted. Made the trip back to North Carolina more enjoyable,knowing my riding buddy was progressing so well.Looking forward to seeing Ted at 3 mountian and 3 states. Just hope he and Bob Lewis wait up for me.
ReplyDeleteWell, I did call Rubber cheap...but I also agree with his assessment that Ted is capable of sandbagging. I believe I have seen examples of both! With these big wages, I suggest you get somebody you can trust to hold the money.
ReplyDeleteThe videos were impressive and looks like real progress. Should have been wearing red stockings for Valentines Day, though.
Take care,
Chip
Only Ted would get himself in a place that would require us to learn the word "proprioception" :-)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it extraordinary that there is so much stuff our bodies are doing that we don't even think about? Given Ted's progress thus far, I'm guessing the proprioception business will kick in soon. I also marvel at the innovations used by PTs, OTs, to heal, re-learn, etc. I'm sure this team is really enjoying working with Ted.
In gratitude,
Jami & Bill