Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2, 2013

We are really enjoying our new room that  overlooks the square at Perkins Rowe. Too bad that the SuperBowl isn't going to be shown on those big screens! 

Ted is continuing to build upper body strength. This strength is helping him use the slide board to transfer from the wheelchair to the bed as well as turn himself on his side while in the bed. 

I am seeing a little more movement in his feet as well. As he sits in the wheelchair, I see him tapping his feet slightly every now and then. The therapist gave him exercises to do three times a day while in the room. As you might guess, Ted is sticking with the program! 

The last two nights he has slept much better....thank goodness! He really needed that! Fatigue seems to be a common symptom of GBS.

Kelly, Curtis, and Laura are here now playing a board game. They are a constant source of entertainment! Earlier they managed to  smuggled a mini-refrigerator into our room! Will this place ever be the same??






7 comments:

  1. I continue to follow the blog and enjoy hearing about Ted's progress. So does Ted have a stash of Chik-fil a in the fridge.
    John Hagan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chick-fil-a in the fridge...yet. His digestive system is not quite ready for his favorite meal!

      Delete
  2. I have been thinking about that John, so Ted, how about doing lunch one day with the bring it to the room standard work lunch bag. How is the hospital food? Enjoy the super bowl.
    Goldie and Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Goldie & Phil...during the week, visiting hours are 4-8, so lunch dates are not possible. Weekend visiting hours are 12-8, so he could do lunch then. Just send me an email and I'll let you know if there are any conflicts.

      cateheroman@mac.com

      Delete
    2. Cate, I was going to bring in his favorite work lunch of Chik-fil a with a drink but it sounds like his digestive system is not ready judging from your reply to John's message. Our visit time is flexible on either Saturday or Sunday so let us know, can we bring anything else?
      Goldie and Phil

      Delete
  3. Hello to Ted, aka the comeback kid. I'm not drawing any connections to Bill Clinton, so keep your blood pressure down.

    Reading today's blog post is thus far more interesting than the Super Bowl. I'm a Puppy Bowl girl myself. We're happy to know that you are making steady progress. I want to recognize the hard work that it takes (and will take) to make that happen. How fortunate that hard work, discipline, and tenacity comes naturally to you. How do I know? I'm married to one of you guys :-)

    Jami & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it is Bonnie Landry. I guess I am new to blogging as I have typed three messages to you and I do not think any of them posted. Anyway, sending warm and loving thoughts from sunny Florida. Kevin and I are praying for your strength and speedy recovery. We love you both. Thank you Kate for keeping the blog. Although I do not post (due to poor techy skills) I am following your daily progress.
    I love the photo you posted. It looks like you found a wonderful place to rehab.

    ReplyDelete