Day 33
This, my friends, really makes me smile!
Ted was discharged from the Neuromedical Center around 11 this morning and we're hanging out at my sister's condo at the Crescent at University Lakes across from Baton Rouge Beach! Thanks, Pat!!!
Many, many thanks to all of you who have emailed, visited, brought meals, cut hair :), drove Ted's car, sent flowers and cards, retrieved our papers and garbage cans, watched our house, brought Chick-fil-a, made us laugh, and most importantly, offered prayers. I can't begin to tell you how much we both appreciate your thoughtfulness. It's quite overwhelming!
Next Tuesday he'll begin his outpatient therapy at Baton Rouge Rehabilitation Center. We think that this will be 2 hours, 3 days/week. We'll know more after he is assessed on Tuesday.
Many, many thanks to all of you who have emailed, visited, brought meals, cut hair :), drove Ted's car, sent flowers and cards, retrieved our papers and garbage cans, watched our house, brought Chick-fil-a, made us laugh, and most importantly, offered prayers. I can't begin to tell you how much we both appreciate your thoughtfulness. It's quite overwhelming!
Next Tuesday he'll begin his outpatient therapy at Baton Rouge Rehabilitation Center. We think that this will be 2 hours, 3 days/week. We'll know more after he is assessed on Tuesday.
Life is sooooo good and we are indeed blessed!
That is fantastic news. Looks like Ted could be riding in the Rouge Robaix in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteTell Ted the Litespeed we talked about was not listed anymore on craigslist when I returned to North Carolina. Tell him I'm working on putting together another one of my Litespeeds an I can send it to him. The way he is progressing, I better get in high gear.
John Hagan
Dear Ted and Cate:
ReplyDeleteIt is an inspiration to know the story of Ted. The journey he and you, Cate, and his loved ones have made to this day of discharge is remarkable. Cate, equally remarkable is the way you have so adroitly used social media to keep us all informed of Ted's progress and status. My gratitude goes out to you Cate for keeping us current in the face of all of your challenges and Ted's. The day of Ted's discharge from the rehab hospital is truly a joyful day as is the anticipation that he will continue to progress with the speed that he has in recovery. The videos are really great.....a video is worth a thousand words. My warmest regards and deepest prayers are with you all: Richard Burford
Ted and Cate,
ReplyDeleteGreat news that the recovery is going well and that you have been released. I heard that Vollmer had a long visit with you a week or so ago, looking for pointers for his upcoming decathlon. Leave it to Larry to give you added incentive to put the recovery in high gear.
Onward and upward!
Chip
Ted
ReplyDeleteI think that Chip offered to hold the money for our bet on you not beating this thing. I don't know if we can trust him. He's thinking about retiring and if we let him hold our money we may never see him or our money again. Besides with the great progress you're making it looks like it won't be long before I have to pull out the check book.
Now the gentlemanly thing to do is allow me an opportunity to win my money back. I think that a running or bicycling race will be fair although you seem to be training excessively. My schedule is pretty full and I don't have as much training time as you do but you name the time, mode, and distance and I'll be there as long as we get it done before the end of next month. The amount of the bet is still the same, right?
One last question. When you were released, did you graduate out or did they throw you out?
Rubber
PS: John Hagan, we need to meet. How much will you charge me to have that Litespeed frame filled with lead?