I love the comment of one of the nurses yesterday---"You've won the hearts of every nurse on this floor." Every staff member that comes into the room, Ted continuously treats them kindly and with respect. And, he manages to build a friendly relationship with them all and is genuinely interested in their dreams, goals and aspirations.
Yesterday afternoon, I thought Ted had rounded the corner and was showing signs of improvement. He looked like he felt better and seemed to have a little more movement in his legs and arms. He had a pretty rough night last night, is getting hoarse, and started coughing a lot. The speech therapist came in yesterday and said is swallowing mechanism was working just fine...thank goodness!
Yesterday the neurologist said that after this 5th treatment of IVIG, he may extend it through the weekend and then make a decision about next steps based on his progress
Right now, he is taking a little nap that he desperately needs. He is pretty exhausted.
That's it for now.
Cate
Get Well Buddy,
ReplyDeleteRon Terry
Fairview, NC
Even though I haven't run with Ted since my move 15 years ago, he remains a steadfast running buddy. I have yet to replicate the comraderie, esprit de corps and enjoyment of those runs, traning sessions and races. Take care of yourself my friend and know that you are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI still consider myself one of your "band of brothers".
Ron Terry
Fairview, NC
Dear Ted & Cate,
ReplyDeleteI hope as I type this that Ted has had some rest...the best possible given the circumstances. Ted, remember that you are loved and your band of brothers and sisters are sending best wishes constantly. Connecting with your nurses is so wonderful to read about...I can just picture it and it is so dear.
Cate, thank you again for keeping us informed, but take care of yourself as best you can.
Love,
Jami & Bill
got the news from becky today....you and family are in my thoughts and prayers.....diane bruser
ReplyDeleteHi Cate and Ted,
ReplyDeleteI hope that both of you had a restful night. Cate, thank you so much for these updates. I love the anecdotes about Ted's relationship with the nurses! I am sure you are keeping them all entertained and on their toes! Hope the continued treatments this weekend will be successful. All the best to both of you.
Lois
Cate- thanks for the great updates. If it was the last minute of a game or the last event of a meet, Ted is the guy you would want to have in there. We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers every day.- Bob and Paula Smith
ReplyDelete