Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013

Thanks to everyone for the calls, messages, prayers and good wishes. Several people asked that I find a way to post updates about Ted's progress, so I thought this blog might be helpful.

Ted's condition is about the same, although his arms and hands seem to be a little weaker. Today he has seen respiratory therapists, speech therapists, and occupational/physical therapists and more. When staff come in and ask for medical history, they always seem amazed/shocked that all he takes is a multivitamin and has only been hospitalized for his tonsils while he was in college!

He's just beginning his 2nd treatment (of 5) of IVIg that is given through an IV. We'll know a little more at the end of these 5 treatments about his prognosis. We're hoping that as he goes through these treatments, his condition will improve. 

We understand that after being discharged from OLOL, he may be moved to the NeuroMedical Center next to Perkins Rowe for intense rehab...about 3 hours daily. I didn't realize they had a rehabilitation hospital within the building, but they do. This isn't for certain and it all depends on his progress after the IVIg treatments.

I'm hoping that he gets a better night's sleep tonight. He's pretty fatigued right now and is trying to get some rest. 

I am continually impressed with how many good friends Ted has. Thanks to all for your kindness. I'll try to keep this updated to let you all know how things are going.

Cate 

6 comments:

  1. Cate- Thank you for keeping us updated on Ted's condition. We will always keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. Ted has always been an amazing person and an outstanding competitor
    And we are all pulling for him.- Bob and Paula Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Ted, we willl keep the Tiger Cage Sunday Run going until you return.

    Hang in there Buddy.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted and Cate,
    Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cate and Ted,
    Diane gave me this information about your blog. What a wonderful way to keep all of us informed. I wish you both a restful evening and I look forward to further updates tomorrow. Thinking of you!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ted and Cate,
    Bob Lewis gave me the link to this site.Praying that you make a speedy recovery. I called your(Ted) cell phone and left a message. Didn't call your hospital room in case your were napping. I will check this site daily.
    John Hagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Ted! Do what the docs say and you will be "back in the saddle again" soon! Take care and if you and Cate need anything, let me know. Ben, Tom and Rudy will hold down the cage run for now.
    Fred McMullan

    ReplyDelete