Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27, 2013

Yesterday two of the doctors felt that Ted was at a "plateau" stage.  Yea!  That means that we are hopefully off the downward slope and heading toward the road to improvement. He is continuing to gain strength and coordination in his arms and hands. 


He finished his 7th and last IVIG treatment last night.  He also finished treatments by the respiratory therapist who said his lungs sounded great.  

Today the neurologist and the hospital doctor both felt that Ted is stable enough to be moved to the rehab hospital at the Neuromedical Center tomorrow. We have one more neurologist to make the final decision tomorrow. We are excited!

9 comments:

  1. PS....I've replaced my phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news. Hope Ted makes a speedy recovery.
    John Hagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cate,
    Jim Scheffy just sent me the link to your blog so Freda and I could catch up. It's good to hear the progress from day to day. If there is anything construction wise I can help do for Ted please let me know.
    Mark Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ted and Cate,
    Very encouraging news! Keeping you both in continuous thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you have a very caring and knowledgable medical team. Lifting them up in prayer also, so that they will continue to provide the best care for a speedy recovery. Hugs to you both!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ted and Cate,

    Glad to hear that things are starting to turn around. Hope you move to the rehab hospital soon and continue a steady recovery.

    Thanks for the updates,

    Chip and Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo Hoo! Little signs of good things to come! Glass half full here...

    Emily and Joe Wascome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cate,

    So wonderful to hear that Ted is making progress. You, Ted, and your family are in my prayers.

    I have tried to post this 4 times so if you suddenly get a whole bunch of similar comments from me, you will know that I don't always read directions before I try something. Didn't realized that I needed to sign in.

    Sorry about your phone. That made me mad just reading about it. Glad you had a place to vent about the phone!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cate,

    So glad to hear today was a better day! My thoughts and prayers are with you both!!

    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Jeremiah 29:11

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cate & Ted,
    Just wanted to let you know that Anne & I are keeping you in our prayers and know that the "gnat" will overcome this and be back running and cycling in no time!! Hang in there!!
    Jo & Anne Collier

    ReplyDelete